Is it time for you to consider private railcars, whether to lease or own for the first time or to add to your existing fleet? Consider the following:
- How important is it for you to receive all the railcars you order every time?
- Do cars supplied ever prevent you from loading the intended material due to lower volume capacity, gross weight limit too light, dirt/debris in the car?
- Is there any chance your customer could leave product in the car and pay you less than expected for your sale?
- How many claims have you filed for lost material in the past year?
- Do any of your competitors have a freight advantage over you based on their private railcar fleet?
- Have you calculated the potential savings of using a private car based on factors that include a car that always is the right size, the rate differential, no supply shortage, and more?
- Do you ever pay demurrage to the railroad?
For a free assessment of your logistics needs contact Joe at 330-617-4103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.